nekkid

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 12 17:07:16 UTC 2011

I suppose, I should also explain the reason for the post. A friend was
discussing a piece of fiction in an on-line "writers workshop"
environment and someone else in the group made a derogatory comment
about the work in question, including a remark about "nekkid" being a
made-up "internet" word. I offered a bit of research, checking the OED
first. Since the usage was easily antedated, I thought I should also
post it here. The BE comment was perhaps superfluous. But if you do GB
search and look at the actual sources prior to the recent "explosion" of
"nekkid" (in Out magazine, for example--more than just the issue cited
in the OED!), you will see the context for that comment.

     VS-)