"fission" with -zh-?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 16 00:30:19 UTC 2011

In thefreedictionary.com, fission is pronounced ~fishin not ~fizhin for both UK and USA as well as for the clicked speaker icon next to the word. It is foespeld (fshn) which doesn't show the special symbols in plain text. I think I would say ~fizhin myself.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, then Tenn 3, NJ 33, now FL 9.
The FREE English-based phonetic converters, URL and text , are at truespel.com

the mail header -----------------------