"fission" with -zh-?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 16 15:34:43 UTC 2011

I agree.  The last vowel in the word "Rosa's" ~Roezuz (~Roesuz) is different (uh) than "roses" ~roeziz (ih).  A problem is that Some foespelz may have a schwa there for both words which would tend one to think they are the same sound.  But the "a" is a clear indicatiion in final positioin of (uh) and plurals "es" (with sounded vowel) are always "ih" (~is or ~iz).  Most are ~iz, though the trend is to replace ~z with ~s, because an "s" is seen so an "s" is said. The last two US presidents do this often.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, then Tenn 3, NJ 33, now FL 9.
The FREE English-based phonetic converters, URL and text , are at truespel.com