"Complicate" = "elucidate the complexity of"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 23 12:13:54 UTC 2011

People who talk regularly and approvingly about "complicating" texts (and
even "complicating our understanding," IIRC) are not noted for a penchant
toward "light humor."

If humor ain't complicated, it ain't nothin'.

Keith Douglas (1920-1944) wrote a famous poem during WWII beginning,
"Simplify me when I'm dead."

He cries out for complication.

JL