"death and violence" quote

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 23 12:30:57 UTC 2011

Everybody relax.

James Schamus in the NYT,  5/11/03, p. MT29 (ProQuest), quotes Woodward and
attributes the remark to "a C.I.A. officer."

But this may also be inaccurate. Woodward does not say whether the speaker
represented the CIA or the Army.

One might *assume* that the CIA would take precedence in this sort of
ceremony, but to me, at least, that is not certain.   OTOH, Woodward's
failure to mention the man's name might suggest he was indeed a CIA
operative.

JL