"death and violence" quote

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 23 13:57:33 UTC 2011

Garson, I cut from my last post a remark to the effect that
some conspiratorially-oriented readers might be mesmerized into believing
that the speaker was Bush himself, making a secret, symbolic,
morale-boosting appearance to preside at this unusual ceremony. The book,
after all, is called _Bush at War_, and this is its finale.

 Woodward may or may not have been present.

Here's a blogger's discussion, from 2007, of some of the quote's trajectory:

http://hill-kleerup.org/blog/2007/04/19/the_export_death_and_viol.html

JL