"Complicate" = "elucidate the complexity of"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Mar 24 01:56:38 UTC 2011

At 3/23/2011 08:04 PM, Dave Wilton wrote:
>I've always been partial to, "there are three types of people in the world,
>those who are good at math and those that aren't."

Reminds me of a bit of conversation on another list:

Person-1 -- Eton has Michaelmas, Lent and Summer
– and Is, I think, the only school to call them Halves.

Me -- Did anyone ever get a first in maths there?

Person-3 -- Yes, indeed, and they went on to
occupy senior positions in the Treasury.

Joel