kinetic

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 26 19:15:52 UTC 2011

I watched Fox regularly and exclusively for eight years because I liked
their style and endless battling heads. In 2008 I quit because I could no
longer stomach the sarcasm and innuendo. (And let's just say that Obama had
not been my first choice.)

But sometimes I give a quick look. Last week I was in time to hear an
anchor ask in amazement, "American planes are bombing Libya. But [_look of
dismay_] where's the President????"

(He was on a state visit to Brazil, surrounded by aides and cell phones.)

Again, Steve "I'm Just a Big Lovable Kid" Doocy says, "At 3 in the morning,
Obama was wakened by the phone call on the Japanese earthquake and tsunami
that have cost thousands of lives. What did he do next day? [_Flat,
cynical_] He played golf."

At the height of the Vietnam War, Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon did not
get that kind of crap from the "mainstream media," and despite its
endless self-serving claims, Fox News is mainstream.

Sorry for the nonlinguistic digression.

JL