Q; pronouncing "Fukushima"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 28 22:46:49 UTC 2011

Thanks for the clip.  At 12 seconds in the clip (Japanese language) I hear ~Fookssheemaa  fook-SHE-mah (short "oo" as in hook).  I would take it that that is the proper way.  Why not say it as the natives say it.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, then Tenn 3, NJ 33, now FL 9.
The FREE English-based phonetic converters, URL and text , are at truespel.com