slodder

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 29 18:44:31 UTC 2011

I recently heard a broadcaster say; "It was a slodder." This is eye dialect, foespeld ~slaader in truespel. Rhymes with fodder. Stands for tradword "slaughter", rhyming with daughter. So if in new Amglish you hear "his dodder sah the slodder" it means "his daughter saw the slaughter.

This derelict dialect (abandoning letter-sound relationships) is courtesy of the awe-dropping fad which now is making it's way into talking dictionaries as proper pronunciation.  In m-w.com hear"awe" said as "ah".  Hear"awesome"  said as AH-some.  The phonetics indicates "awe".  The speaker says "ah".  This should be corrected one way or the other.

If the fad continues, the sound "awe' will dissappear from the Amglish foenubet (set of sounds).

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, then Tenn 3, NJ 33, now FL 9.
The FREE English-based phonetic converters, URL and text , are at truespel.com