to leave = 'to leave a bequest to'

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 1 22:30:13 UTC 2011

I'll just repeat what I said earlier: Without further context, it's hard to
tell. What I meant is that *I* can't tell. I'll take your word for it.

But I was not suggesting that he was going to leave them *out* at any point.
What I was saying is that he meant to put SA in the will, not that he was
going to leave his possessions to SA. The result may be the same, but not
the statement. But, again, I'll take your word for it.

VS-)