Enter The Dragon

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 5 02:37:30 UTC 2011

You may be right, Larry. I little digging produced this:

"Flemons insists, though, that there is no ulterior motive in the name *Genuine
Negro Jig*. It simply borrows from the original title of the fiddle tune
that the Drops rechristened "Snowden's Jig" for the album, in honor of the
19th-century Ohio family of ex-slaves that purportedly wrote it. Minstrel
performer Dan Emmert allegedly appropriated the tune and dubbed it "Genuine
Negro Jig.""

http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/carolina-chocolate-drops-the-countrys-premier-black-string-band-expand-their-soundandmdashand-their-crowd/Content?oid=1346670

Eric