Note from a former Zionist

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 6 21:47:02 UTC 2011

As a part of a post discussing the denial of an honorary degree from CUNY to
Tony Kushner, Mark Kleiman stated, "I can no longer count myself a
Zionist.* In the immortal words of Sam Goldwyn, 'Include me out.' " This has
led to a brief exchange on what the word "Zionist" really means. There seems
to be considerable disagreement, at least among the three people
involved--Kleiman and Jonathan Zasloff of Reality-Based Community blog (and
UCLA) and Jon Chait of The New Republic.

http://goo.gl/gIN5i

http://goo.gl/ZjWrk

http://goo.gl/fDoZv

http://goo.gl/9b07i

I doubt this is the last we've heard of this debate, but it is a point in
time worth noting.

VS-)