N-word Hill, Calif.

Robin Hamilton robin.hamilton3 at VIRGINMEDIA.COM
Sat May 7 22:25:04 UTC 2011

> A GB check shows that the town was referred to almost from the beginning
> as
> both "Negro Hill" and "Nigger Hill," though "Negro Hill" does seem to have
> primacy.

I've heard Coon Rapids, Minnesota referred to as "Colored Gentleman
Rapids."  I don't know if that was the speaker's coinage, or something
more common.
--
Dan Goodman

Reminds (for some reason) of the [Punch?] joke -- the Buck Palace Buttle
ushering in four persons to interview Queen Vik, with the words:

        "Three reporters, and a gentleman from The Times, Ma'am."

Robin