public spiritedness

Sun May 8 04:00:06 UTC 2011

Here is a1907 citation that contrasts "egoism to public-spirited sacrifice."

Cite: 1907, The Life of Goethe by Albert Bielschowsky; authorised
translation from the German by William A. Cooper, Volume 2 of 3, Page
304, G.P. Putnam's Sons, New York and London.

Thus the poet thoughtfully touches upon the wise concatenation by
means of which our souls are transported from egoism to
public-spirited sacrifice.

http://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89005499470