paranoid

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 9 02:47:23 UTC 2011

I am having a moment of doubt--the line is clearly in the movie version of
Catch-22 (1970):

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

But is it in the book (1961, but written over about 8 years)? Because, if it
isn't...

Well, just search around--it's credited to everyone from ACLU to Abbie
Hoffman. One credit I did not find: Joseph Heller.

Oh, and BTW, Rahm Emanuel stole a similar line from Kissinger: Even a
paranoid (or "paranoids") can have enemies (or "has real enemies").

VS-)