"Living Large"

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 13 00:54:29 UTC 2011

Not to nitpick, but "revival" in a non-Protestant sense means that it had to
have gone away or died. In my memory, it had not--and I never saw the film.

In fact, if it were a revival, it would have to have been the /second/
revival (at least). Take a look at Wiki:

Living Large is the debut album by rap group, Heavy D & the Boyz. The album
> was released in 1987 for Uptown Records and was produced by names such as DJ
> Eddie F (tracks 2, 7-9), Teddy Riley (tracks 3-8, 10-11, 13), and Marley
> Marl (1, 12). The album was a success for the group making it to #92 on
> the Billboard 200 and #10 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.

That's 1991, 1987 and there was probably some TV show that popularized the
expression in 1977. Or maybe that was 1973 and some Blackspoitation flick...
Doesn't really matter, does it? I'll see if I can help Garson breach that
140-year gap.

VS-)