Michigan "downstate"

Wed May 18 15:16:41 UTC 2011

The Yoopers may say that--never heard that in Kalamazoo.  But we are "fudgies" and/or "trolls" (below the bridge_ to them.  We just call the people from the UP "Yoopers".

I always thought it funny that Orange County, NY was counted as "upstate", since NYC was commuting distance even when I was born.

Paul Johnston