dynamic = "influencing circumstance(s)"?

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 22 13:48:47 UTC 2011

"Dynamics" as "interactions" that may include "circumstances" is used rather
heavily--if for no other reason, because *I* use it when the dynamics of a
conversation call for it. ;-) (e.g., "The dynamics of the situation warrant
intervention.") Not sure about "dynamic". I am still trying to sort out
"ethic" vs. "ethics"--but this one goes back centuries.

>From CattleNetwork.com (I don't have URL shortners installed here, but the
text can be found by searching Google News):

> A common question veterinarians receive is, “When is the best time of year
> to deworm the cowherd, if I’m only going to deworm one time?” To answer this
> question requires a basic understanding of parasite population dynamics.
> Parasites have two basic functions: one is to feed off the animal they
> infest and the other is to produce a large number of eggs and contaminate
> the environment so their species will survive.
>

>From ESPN:

> One thing about Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff – he might have
> come from the Patriots' system, but he's been adaptable and flexible when
> factoring in the different dynamics in play in Atlanta vs. New England.
>

>From Pakistan Observer:

> China and Pakistan have pledged to infuse new dynamics into their
> partnership by enhancing cooperation among entrepreneurs of the two
> countries.

[all three from current GN search]

VS-)