"... you are missing the subtle _queues_ that Japanese take for granted." [NT]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri May 27 02:56:20 UTC 2011

At 5/26/2011 08:47 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:

>Que?

Since pigtails went out of style quite a while ago in the Orient, I
assume this is "cue" -- the subtle linguistic or non-linguistic hints
in verbal or body attitude.  I think there was a comment in a NYTimes
article about the posture of the chairman of the Tokyo Electric Power
Company, the manager of the Fukushima plant, when he announced his
resignation (and other aftershocks to the company, including I
believe a significant financial loss and the admission that several
reactors had melted down weeks before the company acknowledged that).

Joel