Google effectively ends objective searches

Mon May 30 02:41:59 UTC 2011

Thanks to Mark Mandel and Ben Zimmer for raising this issue.

I use a different browser to perform baseline searches. This browser
is always signed-out and has customization disabled.  Baseline
searches allow for some degree of replicability within a time-window.
Baseline searches also are useful if you have a blog, and you wish to
know how much "Google juice" you have.

Note, I am using the term "baseline" instead of "objective". Firefox,
Chrome, and Internet Explorer are "different browsers" in the
description above.