_Kiss my grits!_ = "Kiss my ass!," by a writer for The Family Guy

Margaret Lee mlee303 at YAHOO.COM
Tue May 31 08:16:41 UTC 2011

The saying from my cuildhood in central VA was, "You can kiss what I twist, and
I don't mean my wrist."

--Margaret Lee

________________________________
From: Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Sent: Mon, May 30, 2011 9:07:29 PM
Subject: Re: _Kiss my grits!_ = "Kiss my ass!," by a writer for The Family Guy

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 6:41 AM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> _This_ has been around for decades

"Kiss my grits"?

Or

"Kiss my wrist"?

The latter, IMO, is the more obvious, having a closer rhyme. But they
both seem to be the kind of thing that's spontaneously re-invented
repeatedly by the siver-tongued and others quick with a quip. Very
likely, they've both been around since perchild first swung down from
the trees.

--
-Wilson
-----