_Kiss my grits!_ = "Kiss my ass!," by a writer for The Family Guy

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 31 11:07:43 UTC 2011

Wilson, a character on _Alice_ used to say, "Kiss my grits!" frequently.

Wow! Wikipedia tells the whole story! There's so much knowledge to be had!:

'Flo's catch phrase, "Kiss my grits!" enjoyed widespread popularity at the
time the character appeared on Alice. According to Polly Holliday, the line
was originally written as "Kiss my honeydew!", but did not get any laughs.
(In the original film, Flo, as played by Diane Ladd, tells Mel in one scene
to "kiss me where the sun don't shine.") Another of Flo's catchphrases was
"When donkeys fly!" Since her portrayal of Flo, Polly Holliday has refused
to repeat her famous "grits" line.'

BTW, I've never come across "Kiss my wrist!" Neither has Wikipedia.

JL