mystery quote: "Men like war...."

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 31 20:28:54 UTC 2011

Thanks, Garson. Amazon will sell you a used one for a penny and a new one
for $115.64.

So it's in demand. Why not get both?

The date suggests that the quote is from either Ellmann's prize-winning
_Sweet Desserts_ (1988) or from the less sweet _Varying Degrees of
Hopelessness_ (1991).

Which can it be?

JL