Weak lean / (weakling) eggcorn

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Nov 1 14:48:30 UTC 2011

On Nov 1, 2011, at 10:22 AM, Randy Alexander wrote:

> A friend sent me this eggcorn:
>
> http://freetheanimal.com/2011/10/and-why-are-you-paleo.html#comment-84158
>
> I am Paleo because today my blood pressure was 110 over 70, and in January
> of 2010 it was about 190 over 140.
>
> I weighed about 215 back then, today I am about 145, and I am not a weak
> lean.

Neat one.  I guess that -ling suffix is pretty opaque by now.  I notice a few hits for "earthlean":

morning earthleans
HELLO EARTHLEANS!!!!!!(IDK IF I SPELLED THAT RIGHT!LOL!)
standing here on a Monday counting how many earthleans live on this plant [sic]
Maybe I have a "Super Bike", something not seen before by friggin earthleans

Neither "weaklean" nor "earthlean" is in the eggcorn database (yet!)

LH