Coach Paterno and the syntactic blind alley

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Nov 10 15:45:27 UTC 2011

On Nov 10, 2011, at 10:24 AM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> Not what you're asking, but I'd say, "perhaps the most legendary..."
> That covers both options.

True, but the problem with blind alleys is that while you can always wish you'd taken a different route, you do have to get out of the alley once you get stuck in one.  And if you google "one of the most if not the most" you'll see how often this stuck-getting occurs.

LH