Coach Paterno and the syntactic blind alley

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 10 17:47:18 UTC 2011

The one that always troubled me is the negation of "used to"--if you
ever want to say that at all while preserving semantic clarity. I recall
finding some usage guides postulating "didn't used to", which is just as
satisfying as not having an answer.

     VS-)