Jersey Devil(s)

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 11 02:32:50 UTC 2011

A somewhat odd verbing in an episode of The Culinary Adventures of Baron
Ambrosia series on The Cooking Channel.

"You want to Jersey Devil me? Come with me."

The chef in question follows a "trapper" character to retrieve a burlap
bag holding a live Jersey Devil (turns out to be a puppet). The Devil
apparently is cute enough to avoid being served on a platter.

On second thought, there is nothing odd about this particular verbing
(in a string of similar verbings). But there is obviously a multilayered
play on "Jersey Devil" (the New Jersey hockey team is nowhere in
sight--the episode takes place in the Bronx).

     VS-)