Quote: Henry Ford the banking system and a revolution tomorrow

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 15 02:41:05 UTC 2011

Here's another interesting quote of a similar nature--I'm amazed
something like this has not been repurposed by the Tea Party and
attributed to one of their mythical heroes.

http://goo.gl/OaAwF
Tax Facts. Published in the Interest of Sound Economics and American
Ideals. Volume 5(9). Los Angeles: January 1927
Tax News. p. 34/2
> If the people of America knew how much indirect tax they are paying to
> Federal and State governments, there would be a revolution, I verily
> believe.
> --Governor Donahey of Ohio

Guggenheim's quote I sent earlier would please the opposite crowd.
Here's how another publication treated that line without quoting directly.

http://goo.gl/ZNExy
Single Tax Review. Volume 15(1). New York: January-February 1915
U. S. Commission on Industrial Relations. p. 43/1
> Daniel Guggenheim, of the American Smelting and Refining Co., thought
> it was the duty of the United States government to take care of the
> people and was of the opinion that there would be a revolution now in
> consequence of the large number of unemployed if it were not for
> private charity.

I wish I had more to say about the quote in question, but I don't.

     VS-)