PET in general use?

Wed Nov 16 07:30:50 UTC 2011

It's difficult for numbers to gain traction, though it might work as part of the synergy that perhaps is coming

I've seen the "I used to be a plastic bottle" thing on bags, but I don't think I've seen "PET" in that context. "I used to be a plastic bottle" gets 707K Googits, but the PET version only gets one (P.E.T.).

Looking casually at the top "recycled PET bottle" hits, most seem to be industry-type pages or use outside the US. Still, it seems PET use is upon us :)

I have two "fleece" shirts made from PET--Japanese plastic bottles in general if not PET specifically. They are warm (for Seattle winters, anyway) and comfortable. Since the manufacturer, Uniqlo, has a shop in NYC among other locations in the US, that is another possible route for popularization.

BB