"war porn"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 17 21:01:35 UTC 2011

My definition as "actual food" is based on the "Food Porn" column in
every issue of _Nutrition Action News Letter_ (sent by gift
subscription from a friend) which exposes (if you'll pardon the
expression) artery-cloggin', pound-packin', diabetes-dealin' chow up
for sale at your local eatery or grocery store.

An example might be a restaurant salad, touted as loaded with healthy
greens, but so smothered in dressing, cheese, etc., that one portion
contains 1200 calories.

Most of the dishes are accompanied, in situ, by mouth-watering ad
copy, a supplementary level of porn.

JL