fun with phrases

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 5 01:22:57 UTC 2011

I am assuming you're jesting on both A and B (I take it, it's meant to
be a parody on Yiddish jokes). "Sausage" is "kiełbasa" and diminutive
for "cat" is "kicia", not "kishka". The Russian diminutive for "cat" is
"kisia", which is pronounced nearly the same, or "kiska", which is
similar, but not identical to "kishka". Neither has any connection to
"kishka" (Russian) or "kiszka" (Polish), other than one's gut is used
for various purposes (e.g., strings for musical instruments) and the
other is wrapped in gut. As such, my sense of humor fails me with
respect to this fanciful dialog. Perhaps it's the amount of sleep I got
last night with cats jumping all over me... or the kiełbasa I ate earlier...

VS-)