fun with phrases

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 5 16:14:14 UTC 2011

Well, I did specify "diminutive" (endearing). Russian has more words for
"cat" than we have complaints about "Eskimos" having 30 words for snow.
Of course, so does English, if you think about it.

One thing I failed to mention is that "kiska" and the Anglicized and
Yiddish versions of "kishka/kishke" have first-stress syllable. Russian
"kishka" does not (nor does plural "kishki"). I'm not sure about Polish,
but I assume first syllable.

VS-)