"changed X forever"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Oct 6 04:03:38 UTC 2011

Someone once, probably several years ago and
perhaps in the NYTimes Sunday Book section, a
critique of the many current book titles with the
subtitle "the X that changed the Y", where Y was
something no more limited than the "universe",
the "world", the "country", or Yale.  (X could
be, and in the best titles was, something quite small.)

A quick probe of WorldCat gives about 2509 titles
(of course some are reprints) that contain the phrase "that changed the".

Joel