QOTY

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Thu Oct 6 22:34:38 UTC 2011

He's getting around the bad-word catchers. I helped design a lot of
word-catching software for live chat in internet poker rooms - as well as
virtually all other functions of internet poker. It is common now, like in
spam programs, but not so much at the time. This is typical of how people
try to get around it. So this guy thinks if he writes black man he might get
caught and censored. Though I don't know why he would think that saying bad
things about black people on Fox would get him censored.
DAD

Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:15 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: QOTY

Poster:       "Baker, John" <JBAKER at STRADLEY.COM>
---

        Nonstandard spellings are a common technique for avoiding automatic
filters, and I suspect that is what Mike Hyland was doing.  Fox may have its
website configured to suspend or reject obviously racist comments, or Hyland
may have suspected that to be the case even if "black man" is not something
that the filter would pick up.  Google indicates only a handful of uses of
"blacqman" and "blacq man."

John Baker