_everybody didn't know_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 9 05:02:15 UTC 2011

>From a TV ad:

"Did you get all up in that"?

Now, that's something that's hard to understand. Presumably, what the
ad-men have in mind is,

"Did you get [=understand] that?"

with _all up in_ intended to be understood as an intensifier. That's
my WAG, IAC.

But, in BE, it's a fixed phrase,

_get all up in that [ass]_

It's not anything that would occur in a question, clearly. If a stud
is going to be bragging of his sexual prowess, he's going to announce
to his friends/handlers/bruz/aces/boons/partners, etc.:

A, "Y'all, I got all up *in* that [ass]!"

He's not going to drop a hint and then coyly wait to be asked whether
he swung a heavy hammer.

--
-Wilson
-----