"second to none"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 11 16:49:39 UTC 2011

Now I see.

I put quotation marks around "second to none."

The message told me that the OED's crack robot team had found no
matches for "second to none," but what it meant was no matches for
"'second to none'".

Reader, don't let this happen to you.

JL