jack = 'quit; give up'

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 12 04:25:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you "jack something up" you raise it "up."
>
> When you throw something up, you do the same thing.
>
> It's a kind of play on words.

Sorry. I missed the "up" in the original. Even so, it's still a very
deep pun. I couldn't "pull it out," as we used to say in the Security
Agency, WRT understanding what was being said in an intercepted voice
communication obscured by static and and such.

--
-Wilson
-----