Imitation or counterfeit?

Thu Oct 13 06:46:24 UTC 2011

I think some people would call them fake Yangcheng Lake crab. (Victor
mentioned this possibility).

For many years there have been complaints of "fake" caviar. The term
"fake" seems to be used when a particular type of caviar is taken from
the "wrong" (aquatic) creature. The term "fake" is also used when the
caviar is harvested from the "wrong" geographic location. Here is link
to a 2009 article about using DNA sequencing to look for "fake" foods:
"Food Fraud: High Schoolers Use DNA Tests to Expose Fake Caviar:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2009/12/30/food-fraud-high-schoolers-use-dna-tests-to-expose-fake-caviar/
Short link: http://goo.gl/1V3P3