Yonduh lies de castle of de caliph, my fadder (attrib Tony Curtis 1961 Nov)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Oct 20 14:19:29 UTC 2011

At 10/20/2011 10:07 AM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>On Oct 20, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Garson O'Toole wrote:
>

> > The Prince Who Was a Thief
> > New York Times Review Summary
> > http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/106668/The-Prince-Who-Was-a-Thief/overview
> > <Begin excerpt>
> > Fine escapist entertainment, The Prince Who Was a Thief secured major
> > stardom for both its leading players. And no, this is not the film in
> > which Tony Curtis utters the apocryphal line "Yonduh lies duh castle
> > of my faddah." ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
> > <End excerpt>
> >
> > Garson

Raising the question of just which film it
>*was* in which he uttered the apocryphal
>line.  I imagine it would be hard to pin that
>down.  (I distinctly remember Curtis not
>uttering the line in "Some Like It Hot".)

Of course the negation of "this is not the film
in which Tony Curtis utters the apocryphal line"
is not "there exists some other film in which
Tony Curtis does utter the apocryphal
line".  Although it does lead a reader to believe so.

Joel