somewhat odd headline

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 21 00:37:37 UTC 2011

Contemplating, one can put some logic into the
headline.  If one tries hard enough.

If Huffington had written "Gaddafi Captured,
Killed", it might have been seen as an atrocity
-- a prisoner of war killed in custody.  On the
other hand, "Gaddafi Killed, Captured" neatly
gives the suggestion that he was killed
(accidentally, it has been claimed)* and then (his body was) captured.

* I have heard conflicting reports about whether
he was unintentionally shot during a fire-fight,
or captured first and then accidentally shot.

Joel