Neo-Freudian semantic cultural critique alive, well

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 25 12:25:44 UTC 2011

The thinking behind such analyses seems to go like this:

"X makes me think of Y. Because some kind of theoretical connection
between the two is possible, X must really be an example of Y, or even
Y's related concept, Z. And it tells me a great deal about how other
people think."

JL