Generic chaos

Hunter, Lynne R CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 71700 lynne.hunter at NAVY.MIL
Wed Oct 26 20:49:59 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Joel S. Berson
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 13:15
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Generic chaos

---------------------- Information from the mail header
-----------------------
               American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       "Joel S. Berson" <Berson at ATT.NET>
-------

At 10/26/2011 01:47 PM, Hunter, Lynne R CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 71700
wrote:
> [...]
Behalf
>Of Laurence Horn
>Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:19
>To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>Subject: Re: Generic chaos

>-----------------------
>             American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
>Subject:      Re: Generic chaos
-
>-------
>
>On Oct 26, 2011, at 12:56 PM, Charles C Doyle wrote:
>
> > I'm busy reading essays from two undergraduate literature classes.
So
>far, two of the Shakespeareans have referred to _The Tempest_ as a
>novel.  Less predictably, two of the Spenserians have referred to _The
>Faerie Queene_ as a play.
> >
> > --Charlie
> >
>Just a matter of time before the Richardsonians refer to _Pamela_ as an
>epic poem.
>
>LH

>Or perhaps _Shamela_ as a morality play?
>
>(No doubt this post will fly off to Joel Berson once again, instead of
>the ADS-List.)

Have I become the dust bin of DS-L?  No, Lynne, this message went
through the list.

Joel

No, Joel...I wouldn't say dust bin. I'd say more like way station or
halfway house.

Thanks for redirecting my previous errant messages. (This work
computer--a pox upon it!--is surely to blame.)

Lynne