"Thaaat's what I'm talking about!"

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 27 21:50:24 UTC 2011

I have heard it all my life as a way of signifying agreement, or
acknowledgement of agreement..

Here's an example. from the movie Jaws:

HARBOUR OFFICE
Martin: Polly, listen to me. We got some road block signs outside. Now you..
you... you gotta get somebody to help us. Yeah get those, get those road
block signs out on the highway. Because we got more people down here than we
can handle.
Hendricks: Ya?
Martin: What are you doing out there? These are your people, go and talk to
them!
Hendricks: Those aren't my people! They're from all over the place! Did you
see all the license plates out in the parking lot? Connecticut, Rhode Island,
New Jersey. I'm all by myself out there! Um, what happened to the extra help
we were supposed to be get?
Martin: That's not until the fourth of July! Between now and then it's you
and me!
Hooper: Ah, you know those eight guys in the fan-tail launch out there?
Martin: Yeah?
Hooper: Well none of them are going to get out of the harbour alive.
Martin: Lenny, that's what I'm talking about. You know their first names!
Talk to those clowns!

DanG