Atheists' Billboard Falsely Attributes Quote To Thomas Jefferson

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Sat Oct 29 10:19:01 UTC 2011

Sounds more like Mark Twain to me. If he didn't specifically write/say that,
he said a lot of stuff that was very close.
DAD

Poster:       Victor Steinbok <aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Atheists' Billboard Falsely Attributes Quote To Thomas
Jefferson
---

http://goo.gl/rQdAA

> A billboard in Costa Mesa, Calif., is getting some attention, but it's
> certainly not the kind its sponsors were hoping for.
> The sign, paid for by atheist group Backyard Skeptics, includes a
> quote about Christianity attributed to Thomas Jefferson. But further
> research reveals there's no solid evidence that Jefferson ever uttered
> or wrote the words, the Orange County Register first reported.
> The billboard includes a picture of Jefferson with the quote: "I do
> not find in Christianity one redeeming feature. It is founded on
> fables and mythology."

I would not call the debate heated. But it is yet another high-stakes
mystery quote.

More here http://goo.gl/sK4ek

     VS-)