Why Pay More to Sweat Less

Mon Oct 31 09:36:27 UTC 2011

Hmmm, I got a different meaning for the first "obvious" interpretation. I took it as i.e., our inexpensive product isn't as good as the more expensive ones. So perhaps there are three interpretations.

Also, while the riff is probably important, too, I think just as important is the expectation of what an advertisement will say. And that drives the listener to the ultimate conclusion, whichever of VS's interpretations results. I understood the other one to be the intended meaning, perhaps influenced by my memory of the deodorant/antiperspirant product commercial wars of the 1970s.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA