"non-sourced allegation"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 31 20:29:43 UTC 2011

OK, it's clearing up now. From the stories this afternoon:

> "I was aware of the false accusations that took place at the
> restaurant association, and then when we were asked for me to comment,
> they wanted for this to be from two anonymous sources," Cain said. "We
> weren't going to go and chase anonymous sources."
> That line of reasoning is fine, as far as it goes, except Cain
> neglected to mention one thing: one of the sources /Politico/ came to
> the Cain campaign with wasn't anonymous at all.

Add that to the fact that Cain is now saying that he knows he had been
accused but that he did not know that the association paid settlements
to the accusers. Plus the fact that a part of his campaign was illegally
funded. Like I said earlier, if they claim that the Politico report was
unsourced or from anonymous sources and then are proved to be lying, the
campaign is effectively over.

Wave goodbye to Herman! He's toast.

On the language side, I appear to have underestimated the stupidity of
his aides. Whatever the case, the language issue portion of this is now
over and it's all political. So I'll shut up now and let the story go
away on its own.

     VS-)