The sushi experience

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sun Sep 4 03:33:29 UTC 2011

--

The only other term I recall personally hearing in English is "revolving
sushi". But I don't know that we have such places in my neighborhood and

On the Web one can find examples of "revolving sushi", "rotating sushi",
"circulating sushi".

The expression "running sushi", although ostensibly partly English,
seems at a glance to be popular particularly in Germany, Denmark, and
central Europe. In German text I see "laufende Sushi" as well as
"running Sushi". The Danish Wikipedia page is headed "Running sushi" [sic].

-- Doug Wilson