jazz (not music)--1911?

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 6 16:16:54 UTC 2011

I was wondering about that but eventually rejected the equation. I
interpreted "no jazz" as "no bullshit"--such as unnecessary gratuitous sex
scenes (see "Soap opera"). So the dash here IMO is more of a symbol of
inclusion than explanatory equivalence. Of course, I could be wrong... I'm
actually more puzzled by "big".

VS-)