Earlier Instance of Etymological Myth for "Posh"

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 12 14:39:32 UTC 2011

I am a little surprised that no one looks to the Hindustani root word
"posh", which commonly means covered, and can also mean cherished.

British military men wearing elaborate non-standard uniforms during
service in India would have been "posh", and might have heard the word
from their servants.

DanG